WHAT IS SOIL INJECTION?
Although it may sound complicated, soil injection is the simple and fairly common process of delivering pesticide or chemical fertiliser into a tree through the root zone. The injected material is absorbed by the root’s branches and eventually reaches the canopy.
WHY SOIL INJECTION??
This method of delivering pesticide or fertiliser to a tree comes with multiple advantages:
- Delivering fertilisers to your trees in a faster and more efficient manner
- Protecting animal and insect populations living in trees (the spray drift generated by pesticides is avoided)
- Supporting the tree’s recovery process and encouraging deeper rooting
- Aerating the soil around the tree’s root zone
- Inoculating the roots with Mycorrhizae (a symbiotic fungus that delivers water and nutrients to the tree)
HOW IS IT DONE?
The qualified and experienced workers at Tree Essence will use special injection probes to deliver liquid solution to your trees’ roots at a depth of 8 to 10 inches. We cover the entire area underneath the tree’s canopy and we follow either a grid or a circular pattern, depending on your garden’s emplacement and features.